Just in case you missed it, there was a Nintendo Direct today that focused on the 3DS and Wii U Spring offerings. Here's what you should know (and be excited about).
- Pokemon Bank and PokeTransporter: Both are coming on December 27th and feature a free month-long trial. If you access these features by September 30th, 2014 there's a free Celebi waiting for you.
- Chibi-Robo Photo Finder: Coming on January 9th, Photo Finder features everyone favorite tiny robot taking pictures of real world items and helping random people. What a kind gent.
- Kirby Triple Deluxe: Two new modes were shown, as well as Kirby's powerful new Hypernova ability. The game will have over 20 copy abilities and is coming in 2014.
- Bravely Default: Players will soon be able to download a special demo of the game that actually features an exclusive story line. The game will be released on Feb 7th and there will be a $50 special edition available.
- Yoshi's Island 3DS: Still coming next year and still looking kinda odd graphically. It's like they wanted to keep the artsy look, but also wanted to make it pop like class DKC. Funky.
- DKC: Tropical Freeze: More footage was shown of all the kongs (Donkey, Diddy, Dixie and Kranky) in action, as well as revealing that Funky Kong will make a return as your item manager. Tropical Freeze is hitting stores on Feb 21st.
- Wii Sports Club: Golf has been added ($10) and features special gameplay that involves the game pad.
- Dr. Luigi: It's like Dr. Mario, only better, you know because it has Luigi! Look out for some special L shaped pills. It'll run you $15 and be out on the 31st of December.
- Sonic Lost Worlds: SLW has added some Yoshi themed DLC, and it appears Zelda DLC is coming in early 2014.
- NES Remix: In bizarre Wario Ware style, NES Remix has you completing quick challenges within classic NES environments. There's even game crossovers! Did I mention it's out... TODAY!? Costs $15.
- Mario Kart 8: New characters have been confirmed (Rosalina, various babies and Waluigi to name a few) as well as a few new tracks (Airport) and karts (UFO). Still looking beautiful.
- Smash Bros: Rosalina joins the fray! She looks to be a mix between Olimar and Ice Climbers with her little star buddy Luma adding an extra layer of attack and defense. Woo hoo!
- Hyrule Warriors: In what's being called a "Zelda spin-off", players will fight off mobs of enemies in Dynasty Warrior style combat. It's one part "What the hell" and two parts "Holy ****, that's epic".
Which announcement had you the most excited? It's always Smash Bros for me, but I'm obsessed (as is Bonny). Though I must say Hyrule Warriors was the stand out.