Hello TAY folk! It's that time of year again. Time for our annual Secret Santa gift exchange of holiday wonderfulness!
This year will be much like last year. So let me lay down the ground rules.
1. You have until the 22nd of November to sign up. Last year we had a ton of people, so we're going to need to sort through the madness.
2. Fill out the form below with your info if you're interested in joining this year. I'll be handling everyone's information. I only share this data with Zarnyx who is helping me run the whole shebang and I promise we will not hand it out to anyone but your secret Santa.
3. Everyone who is a part of secret Santa must make a gift guide page, like so. Just post them to your personal blogs and share them here. You will need to let me know in the comments below or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can link them to your name here in the main Secret Santa document. Be sure to tag it with "Secret Santa 2014".
4. The spending limit is $25. Do not go over the limit, or other people will be all, "Why's Nach get a life size replica of the King of Red Lions and I only got this Zelda shirt?!"
5. Official "Opening Day" will be December 20th. On this day everyone will open their gifts. This means your gift needs to be there by that time. If ever you think a gift will be late, please let me know so I can warn the receiver.
6. Don't commit if there's a chance you're gonna flake. Not sure if you have the cheese to spend on a random internet friend? Don't risk it! It's not that we don't want you, it just makes every complicated when people decide to bail at the last minute. If you need to save your hard earned dough for family and loved ones we all certainly understand.
7. Direct any questions to GDB or Zarnyx. Feel free to email me at email@example.com with any concerns or questions. Please state your TAY/Kotaku handle in the header so I know who you are.
- Steve Bowling
- The Geek Empress
- Disturbed Shadow
- Seething Hatred
- Invading Duck
- E1 Salvador
Is that $25 before or after tax and shipping? Before
When will I be assigned my person? On the 22nd or 23rd of November if all goes as planned.
What if I get them something they already own? Then they'll have two of them! Just try to think outside of the box and look for items they would enjoy that aren't widely known. It's a bit of luck, but chances are it won't happen.