Hey everyone! Nach and I decided that it'd be a good idea to make an article to exchange QR codes for the upcoming 3DS title, Tomodachi Life. If you didn't know, Tomodachi Life, which is coming out tomorrow, is a pretty goofy game that gives players the ability to drag in friends to a virtual setting and just mess around with them. You can start intense rivalries, make dramatic love triangles, and much more.
There's a catch, however. You can't bring Mii's in from your friends list. You either have to streetpass or spotpass someone to get their friend code. Either that or you can take your QR code and have someone else scan it to get your Mii—which is exactly what we're going to do for the Mii Exchange.
To add someone to your Mii Plaza, just follow the simple steps that Nach outlined below:
How to create a QR code for your Mii:
- Make sure you have an SD card in your 3DS
- Go to the Mii Maker in the 3DS menu
- Tap on the "QR Code/Image Options" button
- Tap "Save Mii as QR Code"
- Pick the Mii you want to save and press "OK"
How to Scan a Mii through a QR Code:
- In the Mii Maker Main Menu, tap the "QR Code/Image Options" button.
- Tap "Scan QR Code"
- Align the code and the 3DS will take care of the rest.
- Tap "Save" and "OK". Saved Mii characters will appear in the system's Mii Parade.
Here's my Mii
And here's Nach's Mii
Once you have your QR code saved into your SD card, extract it to your fanciest computer and post your Mii down below in the discussion section.