Welcome to the Open Forum, hosted by Kotaku’s reader-run blog, TAY. Feel free to join in the topic discussion, talk about anything here, or check out the other articles on TAY, AniTAY, and TAYClassic. Is this is your first time on TAY?
RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN Check out the TAYTorial!
Good morning, TAY! This is your Tygore speaking, and for some reason I’m running the Open Forum this Wednesday! This week, Zarnyx’s excuse is that she’s off with three Es or something. I look forward to her work on the upcoming Seseme Street episode about cloning.
I’m hearing a lot of talk about Odyssey on the internet lately. Which is interesting, given that the radio series produced by Focus on the Family really hasn’t done anything to bring attention to itself recently, especially in gaming circles. Admittedly, this is a huge point of nostalgia for me, but I wasn’t aware that many people had even heard of it! Just seeing Odyssey mentioned on all of my regular gaming channels is really bringing me back to my childhood, where I would listen to our tapes over and over again in the car as my mom drove me to and from school.
Oh, also apparently there’s a new Mario game coming out I guess.
THINGS THAT I DEMAND YOU DISCUSS FOR MY AMUSEMENT
- Do you have any strange, nostalgic reactions to certain words? Is there anything you have an odd reaction to because it reminds you of something seemingly unrelated?
- Has Nintendo started to run out of names? Yoshi and Kirby have been announced with just the main character names as titles, and the Return of Samus remake is called... “Samus Returns”. Simplicity, or creative drought?
- Does anyone actually remember the puzzle game Yoshi? No, not Yoshi’s Cookie. Or Tetris Attack. The one with the eggshells.
- Zarnyx has requested that I not point out how she has passed off Open Forum duties yet again due to lazyness, nor berate her for abandoning that name, or do anything to turn the Open Forum into an anti-Zarnyx propaganda piece. In return, I have been bribed with offers of Mario Odyssey swag from E3. So everyone should discuss how nice of Tygore it was to not make Zarnyx’s increasingly blatant disregard for us all a topic of discussion.
- Will the weirdly proportionate humans alongside Mario ever stop giving me the jibblies? Do they bother you, or have you learned to accept the madness?
- I am loving that song from the trailer. Has your interest in a game ever significantly changed due to a piece of music?
- As this is my first time heading up the Open Forum, I figure I should put myself out there somewhat. So, if you have any questions about your Friendly Neighborhood Tygore-Man, now is the time!
Finally, if none of those points of discussion interest you, then by all means sit back, relax, and Talk Amongst Yourselves!