Welcome to the Open Forum, hosted by Kotaku’s reader-run blog, TAY. Feel free to join in the topic discussion, or comment about anything, or check out the other articles on TAY, AniTAY and TAYClassic. Is this is your first time on TAY? Then scope out this TAYTorial!
I can’t. I just can’t.
Zarnyx was once beautiful. Perhaps his mouth was a little crooked in Rock Band 3, a fault I take full responsibility for. Perhaps his was a beauty that only his creator could love but humour me for a moment, TAY: Zarnyx was the coolest, hottest character with cool shoes, cool pants, cool shirts and the most messed up but glorious shock of hair the rock world had ever seen.
Then Rock Band 4 came shredding its way into the world on Tuesday and broke the hearts of millions. It was terrible... enough to reduce Zarnyx to a shell of his former glory. As of this writing, he has only has $23 to his name and 11 fans. A far cry from the millions he once had on the road to glory, nearing ever closer to being inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Five years, TAY. So much can happen in five years... is there anything that can fix this...?
I need $22 to get a hair cut and still it won’t be right. A shorter version of what he used to rock in 2010. This new one is just...why. WHY!?
I need $8 for a pair of shades that aren’t the right frame for his glasses.
I don’t know how much it will cost to pluck his eyes out of his head and give him the green ones he started life with.
And I apparently need a whole lot of strength to look at this face I once loved.
For Today’s Suggested Topic(s):
- Your favourite/least favourite character creations/creator in a game! Describe your best/worst to us, if you’ve got screen shots that’ll work!
- Do you always make and name your characters the same when given the option?
- The worst real world hair cut you’ve ever gotten, and others’ reactions to it if any.
- If you picked up Rock Band 4 this week, let’s see your band, TAY. Are you cool with your new peeps?
As always, feel free to Talk Amongst Yourselves if ain’t nobody got time for bad hair days! It is the Open Forum, after all. Don’t forget that the Discord Chatroom is always around too for continuing, real-time conversations. If you wanted to give an admin, author, and/or friend a shout: You can find them on the DirecTAYry.
- At least some of us will be forever beautiful and relevant... right?