Welcome to the Open Forum, hosted by Kotaku’s reader-run blog, TAY. Feel free to join in the topic discussion, or comment about anything, or check out the other articles on TAY, AniTAY and TAYClassic. Is this is your first time on TAY? Then scope out this TAYTorial!
Thanksgiving is so close but it doesn’t feel that way, thanks to the warm weather we’ve beeen having lately. The leaves are almost off the trees, and still it hasn’t hit me yet. I suppose though it’s time to start thinking about side dishes to accompany the turkey. Our family has a set menu usually, and every year we talk about making one change, and every year our guests shoot us down by throwing us hairy eyeballs. cut eye. side eye. shade. all of the above.
You wouldn’t do that to me though, would you TAY? Like say I wanted us to plan a video game themed Thanksgiving feast?
For Today’s Suggested Topic(s):
- Each of you has to bring a side, drink or dessert. It could be regular real world food or it could be something like... trout yogurt from Earthbound or something completely made up (like metal slime gelato. Mmm), but let’s hear it. What are you contributing to TAY’s Thanksgiving Feast?
- Each of you has to bring one video game guest. Just one. Unlike our Road Trip exercise, you have to leave two of your party members at home
DS.So, who do you bring TAY?
- The star of the show, the main course. Forget turkey, we’re dealing in moogles and chocobo. Which one is it gonna be? And how are we cooking it? Deep-Fried. Traditional Stuffed with Cactuar stuffing? Something else?
- After dinner, we’re going to watch a movie. Which movie do you pick? Doesn’t have to be a video game inspired one. Any movie will do.
- If the movie doesn’t work and you want to play a game instead, which game do you play? CAH? Mario Party 2? Choose any.
As always, feel free to Talk Amongst Yourselves if ain’t nobody got time for supper time! It is the Open Forum, after all. Don’t forget that the Discord Chatroom is always around too for continuing, real-time conversations. If you wanted to give an admin, author, and/or friend a shout: You can find them on the DirecTAYry.
Hmmm, well TAY. If you’re having second thoughts about attending our TAY Thanksgiving, and the answer is no: