Welcome to the Open Forum, hosted by Kotaku's reader-run blog, TAY. Feel free to join in the topic discussion, or comment about anything. If you're done here, why not check out the other articles on TAY, AniTAY and TAYClassic. Is this is your first time on TAY or the Open Forum? Then check out this handy TAYTorial!
Fantasy Life, you were so young. Professor Layton, you weren't as young and you had a good run but this. This is just terrible. To send you guys the way of mobile is just cruel and unusual punishment.
And Kinja! Changing again!!! (not unexpected) But to take my full on blue dots away and give me classy lightning bolts instead... Well. That's not so bad actually. Kinda neat. BUT. You're not really working on mobile for me, so there's that.
And the amiibo situation! I just wanted to catch that one bird...
You know what? I'm over this. Before anything else happens (I haven't forgotten that Zelda Wii U and Uncharted 4 got delayed to next year), I'm packing it up. I'm preserving all my fond memories of my favourite game companies and developers, along with some other stuff and tossing these happier times into a Time Capsule.
For Today's Suggested Topic(s):
- What five (or fewer) items will you put into your Time Capsule? They can be games, music, television shows, drawings, fun memories, whatever you want. Why? And How Long Will You Leave it in the Ground?
- Most dramatic scene in a video game
Here are my five items in my Time Capsule:
- My 3DS with its case full of games. Since my case can only hold 6 games, I'll leave Animal Crossing, Fantasy Life, Majora's Mask 3D, Bowser's Inside Story, Professor Layton: Unwound Future, and Ghost Trick in.
- My PSVita with copies of Let Us Cling Together in there, Tactics, Chrono Trigger, Personas 3 and 4, FFX Remastered, Hotline Miami 1 and 2 ::SWOON::
- My 80gb Classic Ipod. I'd have to do some cleaning of it but all my favourite bands, soundtracks, video game and anime music will be on there so I can inflict pain on others.
- This guy:
5. I'm putting
Mr. Zarnyx N. Ho Sang, the rumours of my demise (which were greatly exaggerated, much like my gender) and the fond TAY memories in the capsule too. Yep, gonna throw my Kinja account in there along with all those slap gifs I've doled out, only to bury it deep underground where one day, Kinja will be unleashed unto some unsuspecting fools once more.
Unless of course, the Kinjapocalypse causes the world to be in disarray in the first place, which is totally possible, and unleashing Kinja will just be some sort of ultimate tribute to the Kinja Overlords. Thereby securing my family's place in Kinja history as a dutiful believer of its kind. Though... there'd be so many revisions by then, Kinja wouldn't even recognize its former self, making this capsule entry wasted space. When I could have chucked in my PS3 instead. Curses.
As always, feel free to Talk Amongst Yourselves if ain't nobody got time for capsule corp. It is the Open Forum, after all. Don't forget that the IRC Channel is always around for you to carry out discussions as well. If you wanted to give an admin, author, and/or friend a shout: You can find them on the DirecTAYry.
- Hehehe, and since this post will also go into the capsule, let me throw in my new favourite commercial to preserve it:
Chickens everywhere beware. I'm coming for you.