Welcome to the Open Forum, hosted by Kotaku’s reader-run blog, TAY. Feel free to join in the topic discussion, or comment about anything. If you’re done here, why not check out the other articles on TAY, AniTAY and TAYClassic. Is this is your first time on TAY or the Open Forum? Then check out this handy TAYTorial!
Good Morning, Darest TAY.
Last Saturday I attended a Game Night. The old fashioned kind that didn’t involve Rock Band much to my dismay (as they’re very adamant that I leave the Rock Band out of the equation, and have threatened me the boot out the door in the past. Pffft. I’ll get them yet).
What we played instead was Pictionary.
When it comes to Pictionary, my siblings and I are something of Legends. Look at this for instance, one of our greatest feats in the past. One word. Category is ‘Object’:
That’s all it took for Swan to draw for me to guess the object correctly in the 1 second it took her to draw it.
Though, the game of Pictionary can get a little NSFW. Or maybe it’s just us? Maybe sometimes we forget ourselves, as we did on Saturday night.
Our friends’ kids decided they wanted to play, so we played against them with Son of Swan on our team. Of course, we started playing the Junior version with easier cards (so as to not totally waste them with that disadvantage. Which we totally did anyway). The Category was “Whales”. There were two words. Son of Swan was our drawer for the Team. He needs some training:
Now, when he started drawing the circles, my brain fumbled to think of the Whale Shark but I knew that was wrong since we already determined that “Whale” was the second part of the two word puzzle.
Swan, on the other hand, wasted no time to blurt out “Sperm Whale”.
A valiant guess, to be sure...
...For the Adult version of Pictionary we weren’t playing.
For Today’s Suggested Topic(s):
- Who can guess the answer as to what the line was that I drew up there? Remember, it’s one word and the Category is “object”.
- Who can guess the whale in the drawing?
- Let’s play a game! “Dodj or Daar”. Anyone saw that episode of The Amazing World of Gumball? It’s freaking hilarious. But anyway, we can’t really play “truth or dare” but we can try something else. Go around and post a few truths about yourself and one lie, and your fellow TAY’ers will challenge the lie. Yeah I know, this is a completely different game (Kinda sounds like the one we did for our Halloween Masquerade Ball!) but I really just wanted to keep all my puns and pictures in place.
- What’s the most daring thing you’ve done?
- What’s the most inappropriate, awkward situation you’ve found yourself in whether in games or life?
As always, feel free to Talk Amongst Yourselves if ain’t nobody got time for half truths and double
dash dares. It is the Open Forum, after all. Don’t forget that the IRC Channel is always around for you to carry out discussions as well. If you wanted to give an admin, author, and/or friend a shout: You can find them on the DirecTAYry.
- Mhm. This forum went nowhere.
REMINDERS: Take the TAY Game Challenge: Real World Edition! Celebrating the release of Kim Kardashian’s “Selfish”. I think...