Welcome to the Open Forum, hosted by Kotaku’s reader-run blog, TAY. Feel free to join in the topic discussion, or comment about anything. If you’re done here, why not check out the other articles on TAY, AniTAY and TAYClassic. Is this is your first time on TAY or the Open Forum? Then check out this handy TAYTorial!
Welcome! Welcome all Friends.
Over the weekend, UI and I met the cool E1 Salvador. It was very natural. Awesome and fun.
Meeting him was easy! Perhaps in part due to the fact that we’re always talking about food and all the food battles we’d engage in and write up here for TAY.
So you know what I did? I promptly fed him not-so-great pizza.
Not my finest moment, I assure you but knowing is half the battle. And ‘The Dude’ Slice at Two Boots no longer needs to be known by anyone. It suffered for not having seasoning in the hamburger portion. Shoulda stuck with The Newman!
Later on, I tried to redeem myself by taking him to the Japanese place I frequent, where I’ve had questionable things. We ate no questionable things and it was pretty good. I think he was happy with it, and the bottle of sake UI picked out (until the end when all the settling of sweet happened and I was displeased). Except, some fool destroyed the cotton candy machine outside. At the end of every meal, each patron gets a little cup of sugar to go make cotton candy. It’s quite fun seeing what people twirl up using all their cotton candy making skillz. Alas, we were denied such a thing because someone busted up the cotton candy machine.
And then some other fool tried to school us on how to do it, as if UI and I haven’t already been old pros at that shizz. Pfft.
We had a fun day overall. We talked about birthdays, comics, games, karaoke, NY, and a whole lot of other stuff. My one regret was that I didn’t get to shove food at him more than I liked. But we did see UI shove a teddy bear’s paw down its pants in a moment of debauchery for some poor, unsuspecting parent to find at FAO Schwartz.
For Today’s Suggested Topic(s):
- For two and a half years I’ve gotten to know some of you well. Who knows what the future holds and how many other fun meetings some of us could have! There have been some new faces around here I think, maybe even some people lurking about. TAY would love to get to know you. So this is for you! Come say hi! Whether you’re New or Old...because regulars, readers and not-so-frequent commenters/authors are welcome. Let’s have a little TAY Forum meet and greet, shall we? Tell us a little bit about yourself or talk about nothing in particular at all.
- If you’re shy, this one post may not be the one to encourage you to come out today but please keep in mind that we’re always happy to have new members join our little neck of the woods. So jump into anyone’s forum or article for a little support, a little bit of respectful disagreements...whenever you’re ready.
- For an actual topic to ease us all in, I’m going to borrow E1’s Birthday story from over the weekend. What’s the best game that came out the week of your birthday? Did you buy it as a present to yourself, did someone surprise you with it? Have you never been so fortunate? Everyone has a birthday, so let’s celebrate our favourite game related or regular birthday stories with each other.
As always, feel free to Talk Amongst Yourselves if ain’t nobody got time for hellos, even though it was you I’m looking for. It is the Open Forum, after all. Don’t forget that the IRC Channel is always around for you to carry out discussions as well. If you wanted to give an admin, author, and/or friend a shout: You can find them on the DirecTAYry.
- What’s the connection for Radiohead to this forum...
- REMINDERS: Show us dem Selfies for the latest TAY Game Challenge
- TAY Game Night is happening tonight at 8:30 p.m. EST with some heists and other shenanigans in GTA Online for the PS4
- There’s a Movie Night as well if you wanted to hang and go to the Outback with Crocodile Dundee. That’s happening at 9 p.m. EST.