Good afternoon TAYers from the Atlantic Coast! and good morning/afternoon/evening to the rest of the World!
Welcome to TAY Time,your free Tea Timely-ish news round up, that will provide you some quick reads while you relax drinking your cup of tea (or coffee if that's what you are into), I will be your host for the inaugural post!
The people working for TAY Time understand that you have a hectic schedule, and the daily routine can be unforgiving, so we will post news, articles, or cool stuff from around the internet, (they don't have to be TAY related, nor gaming related news). Think about this post as a skimmed version of Astro's SunTAY Brunch!
There will also be a section called LetTAYrs from around the World, where you the reader will ask a question and we will try to answer in a timely manner, ask anything you want, wether you should buy a pet snake, or what's time it is over in China... any question the quirkier the better! So if you receive a notification that says "You have been selected!" then it means that your question will be featured for the next TAY Time edition!
Without further ado... Let's start our Tea Time ParTAY!
News round up!
- There's a group of vandals in Venezuela who got tagged by the common folk around here as "The Piranhas", these lowlifes are going around public places cutting people's hair with gardening tools, the spoils are later sold on the black market as overpriced hair extensions, probably to the same people that got their hair stolen earlier that day!
- At this rate, soon all of Florida will be a huge sink hole! Not just 25% of the state, after a new sinkhole swallowed a third of a resort complex in Orlando.
- Mario & Luigi Dream Team was released yesterday, so if you are feeling low on your brotherly love dose, you should buy it at your local video game store, or just click that Shopping Bag-Like icon on your 3DS! I am going to do it later today!
- Did you know that the song that is played during the File Selection Screen of Earthbound (AKA Twinkle Elementary School from MOTHER), is the same one that plays during the credits of the 1998 Game Boy Peripheral, the Game Boy Camera? Keiichi Suzuki and Hirokazu Tanaka, both composers of the 1995 cult classic video game, were also part of the Music Team that worked for the Game Boy Camera, providing some tracks that were reused in the software of the 0.014 megapixels Camera.
Quote of the day.
Nowadays, people are always looking for consistency. Take, for example, a place lined up with nothing but bonsai trees. People would find it strange if there were suddenly a rose among them. But this MOTHER 3 WORLD of mine, including its logo, is the essence of inconsistency. If a child were to see Micky Mouse in Disneyland and tell me, "There's no such thing as mice that big!", I'd want to tell that child, "Of course there is, it's right there."
- Shigesato Itoi on the design of MOTHER 3 Logo and how he wanted it to reflect the changes of the world portrayed by the Nowhere Islands in the game.
Don't forget to comment on your views about this new column, whether should it stay or should it go, and pitch me some questions to be featured on any future post!