Nintendo of Japan recently posted a video showcasing an ocean of new content for Splatoon. In addition to the trailer, Nintendo just released a press statement with the following information about the big (read huge) August Update:
- Squad Battle - Set up in your own teams with friends in Ranked Battles.
- Private Battle - Set up your own custom rooms with any team combinations up to 8 players, with options for uneven teams if desired.
- New level caps - Up to level 50 in Regular Battle and new S & S+ rankings in Ranked Battle.
- “Bucket-like Slosher weapons hurl ink straight ahead at an impressive range. By adjusting the angle, these new weapons can be used to splat opponents who are up high or even on the other side of a wall. With the Gatling-style Splatling, players can charge all-powerful ink. A maximum charge unleashes the full potential of this particular weapon type.”
- “More than 40 pieces of gear, including everything from a leather jacket to a sushi-chef costume are coming to the various in-game shops in Splatoon.”
On other related news, the Splatoon Tumblr page just teased the following image:
We’ve received a sketch from one of our researchers. Looks like an Octoling… Hey! We’ve seen this before. Looks like a false alarm. Wait a minute. Something’s different here… Whoa! WHOOOOA!
Can’t wait to try the new weapons and become an octoling! The update should be arriving on August 5 at the usual timeslot of 7PM PST.
[Update via Nintendo Life]