Although this might be a little alien to some people (OH GOD I COULD NOT RESIST), I'm going to create Welsh Rarebit Hamburgers. Prepare to get sloppy.
This recipe has a special place in my heart as Welsh Rarebit and its cousin, Chipped Beef were some of the only things my dad could actually "cook" beside mac n cheese and vienna sausages.
As usual, here are your shopping lists.
The quick and the easy
- Pre cooked chicken patties (I don't think they have pre cooked frozen hamburgers, but if they do, get those)
- Welsh Rarebit Stouffer's meal
I kid you not.
Alton Brown says: (don't be intimidated by the length, you probably have 90% of it already)
- 1 x 16 oz bottle of Porter style beer
- Dijon mustard (you should have some left over from when you made cubanos. Right?!)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Heavy Cream (going to need about a cup)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- (optional) hot sauce
- Sourdough hamburger rolls
- (optional) bacon
- Hamburger meat and whatever spices you want to add to the meat (I'm just going plain hamburger with some diced onion + salt/pepper)
Herbivore's power level. It's over 1900!
For this recipe I'd suggest either just dropping the meat altogether as this is a mutant rarebit anyway.
- So you'll need everything above for Alton Brown's recipe minus the hamburger accouterments
- Rye Bread