Guys... the Shovel Knight amiibo reveal trailer is brought you by... oh... Game Grumps? Eh... forget about it. In addition to the thing above, Yacht Club Games released the following statement.
Today, we have the great pleasure of announcing a new Shovel Knight amiibo! Yes, it’s real! We’ve been working on it for over a year! It’s been quite the burden to keep it under our chest and our excitement in check! Here’s what it looks like in its packaging!
Not only can Shovel Knight guard your desk and party with the other amiibo in your collection, but it also unlocks new ways to play the game you already love! Shovel Knight brings two-player co-op to the Wii U, and will unlock additional challenges and customization options across both the Wii U and 3DS!
Cooperative Multiplayer (exclusive to Wii U)!
- Join a friend’s Shovel Knight campaign and shovel together!
- Use new cooperative moves to help each other out along the way!
- Level up by defeating enemies and finding treasure!
- Earn all-new relics, abilities, and powers you never thought possible!
- Customize the look of your Shovel Knight with cool and crazy cosmetic options!
- Use your custom amiibo seamlessly between 3DS and Wii U!
Exclusive Challenge Stages!
- Battle your way through amiibo exclusive challenge stages that take advantage of the new amiibo relics and abilities!
One amiibo, multiple games
- We plan to continue support of the Shovel Knight amiibo in future Yacht Club Games and Nintendo products! Stay tuned to amiibo.com for compatibility details in new games.