Thanks to the latest issue of Famitsu, we have a better look at the character models of the upcoming Wii U exclusive "Hyrule Warriors" (or "Hyrule Mussou" if you prefer). I certainly like how Link looks like in this new reincarnation. Here are a few other screens.
And just in case you need proof that Team Ninja has its hands behind some of this:
Vintage Team Ninja. Dare I assume this is the witch responsible for kidnapping Princess Zelda?
You stay classy now, Team Ninja...
UPDATE: People at NeoGaf have translated the interview from this issue.
- August 14th
- Retail - 7,980 yen, eShop - 6,980, Premium Box Set - 11,664
- Premium set comes with a Triforce shaped clock, and serial codes for 6 special costumes.
- Will also be a 'Treasure Box' version available on Amazon and Tecmo Koei's online store 'GAMECITY', but no details yet on what it includes.
- Developed by ωForce, Team NINJA, supervised by Aonuma.
- Story is Link an in-training soldier must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia who has been turned evil somehow.
- 2 player mode where one person is on the GamePad, while another is on the TV. When playing alone the GamePad acts as a menu.
- Equipping different weapons onto characters will change the way they fight, including speed focused one-handed swords to heavier weapons that focus on damage.
- Weapon upgrade system and character growth/improvement
- Musou action combined with the Zelda series' Z-targeting means you can avoid attacks and focus on enemy weak spots.
- Zelda series' spin attack appears instead of the Musou Ranbu (?) of the musou franchise.
- Bombs make an appearance, won't just be used for throwing at enemies.
- Impa, a captain of the Royal Army, appears as a playable character wielding a giant long sword.
- Several other characters are playable too. Aonuma was surprised by how many.
- Playable at E3.
- Development is 70% complete.