Dengeki Playstation has revealed more information about Persona 5. Here are the info as translated by Gematsu:
- Protagonist - The article kicks off with the headline, "Steal back the future!" The protagonist gains his Persona after a certain incident unfolds and confronts a great darkness enveloping the city.
- Story – The protagonist and friends attend Shujin Academy, a private high school. (The name is a play on the Japanese word for prisoner, shuujin.)
- Setting - Gameplay predominantly takes place in Shibuya. As those who read Japanese may have already spotted in the trailer, the name is rendered in kanji on the signs during the subway station scene, making it plausible the game takes place in Tokyo proper. The atmosphere of the game will feature elements to give it the feeling of big city life, like packed train platforms full of commuters.
- Awakening - The magazine "theorizes" that the scene with blue flames enveloping the protagonist in last week's trailer is him awakening to his Persona and another side of himself that's greatly different from his public demeanor. Blue flames are believed to turn into masks.
- Lesson (Classes) - Student life alive and well, and calendar and weather systems also return.
- Prisoner - The prison motif seen in the trailer is believed to be in relation to Picaresque Romance motif Hashino discussed earlier.
- Hideout - Judging by appearance, it is likely that it's the cafe the protagonist lives in.
- Student by Day, Thief by Night - Nights are for dungeon crawling as cast puts on their masks, seemingly in search of a specific something to steal.
- Sneak - As in Persona 3 and Persona 4, battles use a symbol encounter system, meaning you can see enemies on screen and engage in battle by colliding into them. Players can avoid enemy contact by sneaking around in order to proceed, though.
- All-Out Attack - The gang-up footage in trailer is confirmed to be return of the All-Out Attack system. It likely still relies on exploiting enemy weaknesses to trigger.
- Mask – Characters wear their masks during dungeon crawling, and they're likely a key item story-wise during those segments, too.
- Cooperation - The magazine speculates that the Cooperation menu option is the system replacing Social Links involving getting closer to allies.
- Arsene - The protagonist's Persona. It has black wings and red getup.
- Sound - Shoji Meguro's soundtrack is set to be acid jazz this time around.
Read more at