I've taken a look at the votes and who all signed up, so now I'll just be going over how this will be going down. I'll let this be another round of sign-ups too, just in case someone missed it.
Sorry to everyone who was waiting for this, I've been very busy this week and I'm going to be busy next week, so the date I'm thinking of starting this tournament will be the 24th August, if anyone has any objections to this, feel free to say.
Just a reminder, we'll be using Pokemon Showdown for this tournament. It is much simpler to use for competitive battling than the actual games as it allows us to create our teams how we want without any of the grinding. I'll be using Challonge to create the brackets too, but you guys don't have to worry about it.
Next I'm just going over how the votes went down:
- The tier we will be using will be OU, I know a lot of you don't know anything about the tiers so feel free to ask me or someone else who does. Here is a list of Pokemon that belong to the OU tier, that said, you can use Pokemon from lower tiers if you wish.
- No legendaries are allowed in your teams, it won by quite a bit.
- Weather teams are allowed, just narrowly won by a vote.
- Voting for the clause was a bit pointless, I don't think they can be set on Pokemon Showdown(please correct me if I'm wrong), all of the clauses apply. If you're not too sure about clauses, they can be found here. The only added rule is that there are no legendaries allowed, it's up to you to follow it.
- You guys want more tournaments, which I'm happy to set up, but they might not be monthly.
- Some of you want a weekly article explaining battling, which again I'll try to do it, even though I think I'm not the best at explaining it. And two of you think I smell...
I also asked how you would rank yourselves based on skill, and I've divided you into 3 groups. I'll try to make sure everyone battles someone in the same group in atleast the first round.
I'll still be taking sign-ups for the tournament for the next week, so feel free to join in, just say what skill level, be it Novice, Average or pro. Some of you didn't say what level you were, so you'll be in a seperate level until specified. I'll update as it changes. Here's how it is so far:
- Blahargomous Prime
I think there were others who said they'd be up for it in the very first post. I can't remember who so you'll need to say again, sorry.
I'll also need 3 others who will be willing to watch the battles I can't and to make sure everyone is playing fairly. Feel free to nominate yourselves.
[Pokemon Showdown]: http://pokemonshowdown.com/ [Here]: http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/ou [here]: http://www.smogon.com/bw/banlist/