UPDATE: Bumping this since the date is close approaching.
I think it’s time for a TOURNAMENT ARC!
Yes, it is true, your eyes do not deceive you. It’s time to put your skills to the ultimate test and earn fame and glory amongst your fellow TAYers in our latest Community Event, the TAYrnoment (Pun is a work in progress).
For this first round, we’re competing on one of the greatest RTS games of all time, Starcraft. Yes, the original that just went free for everyone and what better way to celebrate it than to destroy each other? The reward for your efforts, besides personal satisfaction and the right to brag until the heat death of the universe, is a digital copy of Starcraft Remastered! The tournament will take place in September, likely close to the end of the month. That will give you plenty of time to practice and prepare. Don’t worry the exact date will be announced here on TAY once decided.
- First and foremost, be a good competitor. GLHF and GG regardless of the outcome of the match.
- The Tournament format is 1 Vs 1, Double Elimination, in a Best of 3 Games.
- Only Ladder Maps will be used, with the size ranging from 2 to 4 players.
- The map for the first game will be randomized or one agreed by both players. The loser of the previous game picks the next.
- The Grand Finals is a Best of 5.
- We’ll be using Challonge for organizational purposes.
Signed Up People So Far
- Aikage (Competing)
- Frattyman (Competing)
- Ishamel (Competing)
- J Acosta (Competing)
- Rienier (Competing)
If you wish to stream, cast or participate, let me know in the comments and join the TAY Discord, so we can organize, talk in real-time and all that fun stuff. I’ll be updating this post as more people show up.
See you on the battlefield. GLHF!