Welcome to StaTAYtics. TAY’s home for all things numbers. Near the end of June I decided to start keeping track of the articles and authors on both TAY and her sister site AniTAY to make a report out of. At the time I posted a quick AniStats for the June AniTAY articles, which you can find here, but starting with July I have full articles with all sorts of number for both sites.
Each of these reports will be broken up into three sections: Articles, Authors and Viewers.
There were a total of 496 articles posted to TAY in the month of July.
- 38 articles were shared from personal Kinja blogs.
- 50 articles were shared from AniTAY.
- 17 articles were shared from other Kinja community blogs.
- 2 articles were shared from one of the main Kinja blogs or one of their immediate subblogs.
- 389 articles were TAY originals.
- 160 Articles were shared in the Kotaku Daily Round-up.
- The day with the most articles was the 30th with 27.
- The day with the most TAY original articles was also the 30th with 23.
- The day with the fewest articles was the 19th with 5.
- The day with the fewest TAY original articles was the 18th with 4.
Break-down of article types:
- 121 articles were opinion pieces
- 105 articles were blips*
- 88 articles were forums**
- 58 articles were news
- 49 articles were reviews (14 manga, 12 video game, 12 anime, 6 light novel, 2 food, 1 visual novel, 1 graphic novel, 1 figure)
- 33 round-ups (29 of which were the Kotaku Daily)
- 42 articles fell into a variety of other categories (Art, Music, Stories, Cosplay, etc.)
*I defined blips as any article that contained blip in the name, did not have a title or were about internal TAY news.
**Forums include the Open Forum, TAY Chat Time, the Graveyard Shift and any question focused articles.
I used this spreadsheet to keep track of articles and authors. As this was my first month doing this, the categories are a bit inconsistent. I am still refining my methodology.
107 authors contributed to TAY this month. 12 of those authors were guests.
The authors who posted the most were:
- J. Acosta with 44 (27 Blips, 3 Opinion, 12 Forum, 2 News and 1 Music)
- Aikage with 29 (4 Review, 3 Forum, 10 Blips, 3 Opinion and 9 Other)
- DisturbedShadow with 16 (10 Forum and 6 Blips)
- UI 2.0 with 16 (11 News, 3 Blips and 2 Forum)
The authors that posted the most of each type of article:
- Opinion - ArdillaNegra with 5
- Blip - J. Acosta with 27
- Forum - J. Acosta with 12
- News - UI 2.0 with 11
- Reviews - Michael Burns - Protonstorm with 10
Authors that gained TAY authorship in the month of July:
- Celia R
- Ben Kanelos - Pyre 231
I know I probably missed some of the new authors, so if I missed you or you know of someone not on this list that was added to the TAY author list in July please leave a comment and I will add them.
This following information was gathered from this site. If you are a numbers guy like me you will probably have a lot of fun poking around at all the different information they have on all of the kinja.com subdomains.
From July 3rd to August 1st, TAY was the 5th most visited of the kinja.com subdomains accounting for 7.8% of all traffic.
- Global Numbers: 328,840 people visited the site 514,460 times for a total of 675,317 page views.
- US Numbers: 188,192 people visited the site 313,511 time for a total of 423,158 page views, the percentages are 57, 61 and 63 respectively.
- Top Countries other than the US by number of viewers: Canada - 23,934; UK - 17,937; Australia - 8,250; Germany - 7,312.
July 1st to July 31st Numbers (Global):
- Busiest Day: July 1st had 51,908 people make 57,433 visits for 67,065 page views.
- Least* Busy Day: July 4th had 9,218 people make 10,478 viists for 13,255 page views.
*Going by total page views.
- Gender: 95% of viewers were male and 5% of viewers were female.
- Age: 31% of viewers are 25 to 34 years of age, 30% of viewers are 18 to 24, 21% are under 18, 16% are 35 to 44 and 2% are 45 to 54.
- Addicts, those that visit TAY more than 30 times a month, are less than 1% of viewers and provide 4% of traffic.
- Regulars, those that visit TAY more than once a month, but fewer than 31 times, are 22% of viewers and provide 47% of traffic.
- Passers-by, those that visit only once per month, are 78% of viewers and provide 47% of traffic.
Top 5 Sites Visited by TAY Viewers:
Well, that is everything that I felt like sharing for this month. If there is anything specific you would like me to keep track of in the future please leave a comment, other than that, see you in September.
**Header GIF created by Unimplied**