Welcome to the Open Forum, hosted by Kotaku’s reader-run blog,TAY. Feel free to join in the topic discussion, talk about anything here, or check out the other articles on TAY, AniTAY and TAYClassic. Is this is your first time on TAY? Then scope out this TAYTorial!
What a crazy week it’s been with all the Nintendo news (all 3 minutes of the trailer...with bits and pieces of info coming out, and the face of a puppy we’ll all be adopting come March). I’ve always been the kind of person who buys consoles on Day 1, which these days probably isn’t the wisest move.
I couldn’t get a PS2 at launch but did get one in the Spring after release. It promptly had to be returned a week later since the disc drive refused to work.
I’ve told the story of my PS3 before. You know the one: it died when Final Fantasy XIII killed it.
My PS4, launch day edition, has always had a problem which I didn’t recognize as a serious one until way after warranty. It kicks discs because the eject button area is super sensitive. I don’t have to be near it, it just kicks it whenever it feels like. I should probably get it fixed before FFXV comes out, huh? I’d be pretty mad if it booted me during a boss battle, or just general annoyances (it already is generally, quite the annoyance).
You’d think I’d learn to wait a solid year to see which direction the console is taking—whether it’s going to be supported (Hey Vita! I got you Day 1 too! But I still love you even if Sony doesn’t), or if it has first run issues. But nope. Nintendo already has my money.
For today’s suggested topic(s):
- Which console do you regret buying?
- If no huge regrets, which console turned out to be your least used/favorite?
- Have any horrible console breaking stories to share? Halloween’s coming! Share those crazy, scary console stories here. Or lament the long lost ones.
- Nightmare Before Christmas - a Halloween movie, Christmas movie, or both?
- It’s also National Pumpkin Day. Don’t forget to carve your pumpkins and send the pictures to me for our Pumpkin Viewing! Also, pumpkin is best when eaten in....? It’s pie right? It’s always pie.
As always, feel free to Talk Amongst Yourselves if ain’t nobody got time for broken machines and console regret! Don’t forget that the Discord Chatroom is always around too for continuing, real-time conversations. If you wanted to give an admin, author, and/or friend a shout to tell them you love them and appreciate their internet availability: You can find them on the DirecTAYry.