Welcome to the Open Forum, hosted by Kotaku’s reader-run blog,TAY. Feel free to join in the topic discussion, talk about anything here, or check out the other articles on TAY, AniTAY and TAYClassic Is this is your first time on TAY? Then scope out this TAYTorial!
A restless sleep took hold of me one night, many years ago. I still lived in Trinidad, in a house where there was no shortage of strange occurrences befalling our family.
This particular night, I had trouble falling into dream land. I finally did after a struggle, but within minutes I awoke because it felt as though someone jumped on the bed. Knowing my brother liked to engaged in similar antics but knowing it was very unlikely him, I peered over the side the bed in hope.
I peered over the other side.
I got out of bed and checked in on him, and he was fast asleep in his own terrible room that once filled itself with an unexplained, peculiar collection of dead insects. In another instance, a rattling and banging of his safe could be heard in the middle of the night as if something was trapped inside and looking for a way out.
My sister, who had also had her share of night terrors—quiet dogs at feeding time, uninterested in food, and more so at peeking over her shoulder at something behind her as they stared off into the dark; the thing that brushed and pressed against her leg while she was studying when we had no indoor pets—was also fast asleep.
I quietly went back to bed, the lights all turned on and somehow managed to go to sleep again. For years I slept with the lights on, and for years after we were still visited by creepy things.
It was a terrible time, as Trinidad is a place full of scary things.
Then I got to university in the US and I discovered another sinister house.
A story for another time.
For Today’s Suggested Topic(s):
- Summer’s approaching, TAY! It’s time to break out those scary stories as we’ve done in the past. New faces, maybe new scares? Let’s hear some supernatural things that have happened to you or your family.
- If you don’t have any ghost stories to share, make something up! Hehehe. Why not?
- What’s the scariest ghost-like entity in a video game. Just creeps you the heck out.
- Persona Fans! Are we excited yet? Today’s the day we find out something new.
- And it’s Cinco de Mayo. Get your drank on. Be safe, everyone if you do!
As always, feel free to Talk Amongst Yourselves if ain’t nobody got time for ghastly sightings. It is the Open Forum, after all! Don’t forget that the Discord Chatroom is always around too for continuing, real-time conversations. If you wanted to give an admin, author, and/or friend a shout to tell them you love them and appreciate their internet availability: You can find them on the DirecTAYry.
Sorry but we have to Burn the Witch again.
And beware the ghosts
- Reminder: Summer Gaming Memories starts next week for TAY Theme Week. Write and share your memories with us!
*Campire - New TAY Tradition