Welcome to the Open Forum, hosted by Kotaku’s reader-run blog, TAY. Feel free to join in the topic discussion, or comment about anything, or check out the other articles on TAY, AniTAY and TAYClassic. Is this is your first time on TAY? Then scope out this TAYTorial!
I remember when members of TAY schooled me like it was last Sunday—because that’s exactly when it happened.
There I was musing on Twitter that both my real name and online handle cannot be converted to lovely, scary things for Halloween. Geek and Valleyswag signed off on my craziness. And Callisto was close to proving my point with a suggestion of his own, when in jumped Invading Duck disguised as his October superhero self, Skellington Duck, and began to prattle off a bunch of fabulous Halloween names that could easily work for me.
In other words, Duck told me I was ridukulous, kinda like how Quillson had done some days prior.
But it didn’t stop there because soon thereafter, GBD Ben BOOtoli spooked his way over to me with excellent suggestions of his own, and LoserM called me Zarnyx Cage which as we all know, is the most terrifying creature to ever walk the earth.
I proceeded to ignore Nach’s suggestions because giving Nach the Evil Eye is something I do well. Same for Swansie who told me with a smirk that “Zarnyx” was already the scariest name ever, no doubt remembering last week’s slightly glam Thom Yorke look that Zarnyx now “rocks” in Rock Band 4, which I’m sure everyone’s doing their best to forget.
Finally, Deadecho offered me a box of shame for being schooled so good and proper, which I used to hide under. I’ve been there ever since.
For Today’s Suggested Topic(s):
- Let’s have some fun, TAY! Transform your Kinja Handles into Halloween Themed names. If you can’t think of anything, I’m sure your fellow TAY’ers will help you out.
- Are you dressing up for Halloween? If so, tell us what your plans are and who you will dress up as! If not this year, talk about a Halloween past.
- What are you favourite Halloween TV episodes or movies?
- Scariest video game moment you’ve had.
As always, feel free to Talk Amongst Yourselves if ain’t nobody got time for Playing Dress Up! It is the Open Forum, after all. Don’t forget that the Discord Chatroom is always around too for continuing, real-time conversations. If you wanted to give an admin, author, and/or friend a shout: You can find them on the DirecTAYry.
- Vote for your Favourite Scary Story by your Fellow TAY’ers in Kid’s contest. Feed a TAY’er a pizza. Deadline is October 20th.
- Our 3rd Annual Great TAY Pumpkin Carve Off is a thing that will happen at the end of the month. If you’re carving this year, why not share your finished pumpkin with TAY? Deadline is October 30th
Well, I think it’s time to get out from under the box. Think I’m coming down with something from being cooped up too long...
- P.S. No need to come up with a name for Chero, as everyone loves a Cheroboo.