Welcome to the Open Forum, hosted by Kotaku’s reader-run blog,TAY. Feel free to join in the topic discussion, talk about anything here, or check out the other articles on TAY, TAYClassic, and AniTAY. Is this is your first time on TAY? Then scope out this TAYTorial!
I’ve been playing Tales of Vesperia which is very good. It’s been a while since I played and enjoyed a Tales of game. The series has been very “miss” for me for the last few entries I played. Vesperia, on the other hand, is up there as a pretty great JRPG. I never had the chance to play when it released on Xbox 360 (?) all those years ago, so I’m glad it made its way to Switch.
But here’s the thing...I feel like I’ve been playing this for forever. And that’s not even true! It’s only been 44 hours. I’m just about at the final battle, too. And yet I just feel kinda burned out. I’ve been playing since February I think, managed to play other games in between and I keep going back to it. I’m ready for it to be over. And while I won’t quit because that’s just not cool, got me thinking about all the times I don’t quit games when I probably should. But no, I keep at them because I never know what kind of gem I find and other times, I’m a sucker for punishment.
For today’s suggested topics:
- Have you pushed yourself to play a game you weren’t really feeling only to discover a really good one? Or did it never redeem itself?
- The best time to quit is when you’re not having fun, but have you done that, gone back to play and discovered something cool after all?
- What’s the longest time you’ve taken a break from a game then went back to finish?
- What made you quit the last time you stopped playing a game?
- Where’s my Animal Crossing on Switch, TAY?
When I can’t think of an appropriate song to fit the OF’s theme, you just choose a song: