Wahay! It’s that time of year again TAY folks. Time for our third annual secret santa gift exchange. Let’s get the ball rolling, shall we?
Last year we had over 40 people participate in our secret santa madness, so let’s see if we can’t get even more people on board. Though that would be more work for me and Zarnyx...
Regardless! After reading over the rules you should definitely consider it. Here’s the breakdown.
***SIGN-UPS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS YEAR***
1. You have until the 20th of November to sign up. We’ll start sending out assignment emails on the 21st and 22nd. This way you have some time find a present, and you can take part in the Black Friday insanity if you like.
2. Fill out the form below with your info if you’re interested in joining this year. I’ll be handling everyone’s information. I only share this data with Zarnyx who is helping me run the whole shebang and I promise we will not hand it out to anyone but your secret Santa.
3. Everyone who is a part of secret Santa must make a gift guide page, like so. Just post them to your personal blogs and share them here. You will need to let me know in the comments below or by emailing me at email@example.com so I can link them to your name here in the main Secret Santa document. Be sure to tag it with “Secret Santa 2015”.
4. The spending limit is $25. Do not go over the limit, or other people will be all, “Why did Steve get a real horse named Epona and I only got this Halo shirt?!” Be sure to not go too low either. You don’t want to be that guy/girl.
5. Official “Opening Day” will be December 19th. On this day everyone will open their gifts. This means your gift needs to be there by that time. If ever you think a gift will be late, please let us know so I can warn the receiver.
6. Don’t commit if there’s a chance you’re gonna flake. Not sure if you have the cheese to spend on a random internet friend? Don’t risk it! It’s not that we don’t want you, it just makes everything complicated when people decide to bail at the last minute. If you need to save your hard earned dough for family and loved ones we all certainly understand.
7. Direct any questions to GDB or Zarnyx. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns or questions. Please state your TAY/Kotaku handle in the header so I know who you are.
- Celia R
- Tommy MF Pickles
Is that $25 before or after tax and shipping? Before
What if I get them something they already own? Then they’ll have two of them! Just try to think outside of the box and look for items they would enjoy that aren’t widely known. It’s a bit of luck, but chances are it won’t happen.
Can I give homemade items? Absolutely! Sometimes those are the best gifts. Just make sure you put $25 worth of effort into your project.