Our setting is starting to take shape. TAY has spoken and a majority of participants have selected a steampunk setting with a plot revolving around a mystery. With that in mind, let’s start developing this group writing effort even further.
Now that we know that we have a steampunk setting, we can start going into more detail about our world. We also got a few ideas for legendary items that may or may not be a part of a plot from our participants. The legendary Tesla Sphere and the first prototype Steam Core that is also haunted. We can use them if we want.
Anyway, let’s get to our next questions. I am not very versed in steampunk fiction, so I’m going to need your help for sure as we go forward! For now, let’s start narrowing the focus of our story.
1. Should there be magic and/or other supernatural things at play in the world, or just technology? If so, what are they?
2. What should our mystery be? Perhaps a murder or other crime? Maybe a strange disappearance? A supernatural occurrence? Answer with whatever you want.
3. What’s the coolest new invention in this setting?
4. Come up with a city/country/nation/whatever for our story to take place in. A simple one sentence pitch will suffice as we will be developing this further in a future post.
5. Leave any other ideas you might have (optional).
That should be enough for now. Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves and get overwhelmed. This one is a bit more involved than the last one, however, so I’ll leave a longer gap before I post the next one.