Hello and welcome back to our collaborative storytelling experiment. Last week, we were putting the final touches on our setting for the time being. I’ve decided to leave submissions for that open for another week in case anyone missed it, so this week we’ll focus on another aspect. Let’s start figuring out our protagonist.
Since we have yet to fully finalize the setting, we’ll focus on a basic character profile this week. Next week we can work on connecting our character to the setting once that’s all sorted out.
Since we have no results to go over from last week, let’s jump right in. As always, this is the part where I collect suggestions from you guys.
1. First of all, I’d like to get some basic information about our character’s appearance. For this one, I’ll be picking the most common answers for each category or some average of them instead of just picking and choosing ideas like I normally do. This is basically going to be like a video game character creator but in text form. I’m going to leave it as open ended as possible. Please fill our the following, as specifically or non-specifically as you’d like:
- Skin Color:
- Hair Color:
- Hair Style:
- Facial Hair:
- Eye Color:
2. Now that that’s out of the way, feel free to add any other details about our protagonist’s appearance.
3. What is our hero’s role in the world? A politician? An inventor? An explorer? Some random nobody? Up to you!
4. What’s a defining personality trait that this character has?
5. What is this character’s deepest fear?
6. What does this character like to do for fun?
7. Leave any other ideas about our protagonist’s personality you might have.
That does it for now. Next week I’ll present to you the character we’ve come up with using the above information along with the details of our setting and then we can go about inserting our character into said setting. Be sure to submit your setting ideas on last week’s post if you haven’t yet.