Is this the face of a 17 year old boy or a 41 year old man? It's a TAY Time Chat Scandal! You see that up there is Joseph Minala, a Cameroonian player who just made his debut in the minor division of the Italian football club SS Lazio, his face tells a different story.
Ahhh... the 14th of February, the only day of the year when I love working with my father, you see my family owns a flower shop here in Venezuela, so umm flower shops are boring, except on Valentine's Day... it's the only day when I feel useful in that environment, I may not do much when it comes to encourage people cause my social skills are close to non-existant, but I certainly know how to plan a project, and the thrill of having multiple deadlines only makes it better... I guess I just can't take a slow day at the office... it's the only day where I don't feel useless at the flower shop...
News Round Up!
- Natural Gas For Cars Does Not Help the Environment
- Man Uses Classifieds to Troll Date With Breaking Bad Valentine's Ad
- Weird giant room full of strings or inter-dimensional jail, you decide
Nach's Album for the Weekend
Mando Diao's debut album Bring 'em In
Definitely give a listen to:
Nach's Drink for the Weekend
Spiced Cranberry Sangria
- 2 cups of cranberries, rinsed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 15 whole cloves
- 12 whole allspice berries
- 1 star anise
- 1 red delicious apple, sliced thin
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced thin
- 1 orange, sliced thin
- 1/2 Grapefruit sliced
- 1 cup orange liqueur
- 1 bottle of Tempranillo wine
- Over medium heat, bring sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add the cranberries and spices. It's best to put the spices in a muslin tea bag rather than loose in the pot.
- Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until the berries have burst.
- Remove the mixture from heat to let the flavors infuse for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the spices from the syrup, transfer the syrup to a small bowl and put it in the fridge to cool.
- While the cranberry syrup is cooling, slice your apples and orange and add to a pitcher.
- Add the orange liqueur, cooled cranberry syrup (including the cooked cranberries) and the wine to the pitcher.
- Cover and put it in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir before serving.
For those wondering how things are over here... ermm still the same, which is good, in Maracaibo things have cooled down a little (except the air temperature, today it broke the 105F mark); 600 miles to the east in Caracas the situation is still hairy, and judging by the pictures and the declarations... they are no plans of stopping until the government offers a solution... Anyhoo Have a great weekend people! And remember never trust a Furby ;)