Hi TAY. Some Friday TTC donk of a host asked me to cover four hours before go time. So yay! You’re all stuck with me...Zzzzz.
Hm? Huh! Wha..? Oh. No, no. that wasn’t me being narcissistic. I’m just really zonked out and sleepy right now, TAY. Last night was a hell of a time. Between the Yoga’ing, gazing upon Classic Men, getting yelled at by a Belgian and dancing like no tomorrow... I’m sleepy. Very. Very... Zzzzzz.
There was one thing that was a downer though. It’s when I finally got some chicken katsu curry after weeks of a craving, only to have too much mayo-based dressing from the salad run straight into the bowl and blend into the curry. It didn’t sit well.
Now you know why I had to dance everything off.
News Round Up:
- Silly Scientists You. Laughing at Death in its Stinky Face.
- While Everyone was All Celebratin’ National Coffee Day, Trouble Was Brewing. Gotta Get That Pumpkin Spice Latte. Fast.
- Well This is Going to Hit all
3of us hard. Vita is Life. Vita Doesn’t Get an Afterlife.
Recipe of the Day:
Almond Meringue Ghost Cookies recipe and ghost cookies image from website: Lecremedelacrumb
- 4 large egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl, beat with a mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Increase speed to high, and gradually add granulated sugar and then powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla and almond extract and mix until incorporated.
- Transfer batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip. (You can use a zip lock bag with the corner snipped off if you don’t have the pastry bag and tip!) Pipe mounds onto prepared baking sheets, swirling as you pipe to form the ghost shape.
- Bake at 225º for 1½ hours. Turn oven off; cool meringues in closed oven 1½ hours or until dry. Carefully remove the meringues from paper.
- Place chocolate chips in a small plastic bag (like a sandwich-size ziplock bag) and microwave on half power for 2 minutes until melted. Snip off a tiny corner from the bag and squeeze out just enough chocolate to dab eyes and mouths onto each meringue. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Well I can’t verify the taste on these as I haven’t tried making them myself but they’re babby ghosts. What’s not to love?
And Song of the Day:
Have a great weekend, TAY!