Midgar Studio returns to Kickstarter with Edge of Eternity: a JRPG for PC and next gen consoles, utilizing an ATB battle system, a Sci-fi fantasy setting, and the reason I'm interested in it is a chance for a soundtrack by the legendary Yasunori Mitsuda, of Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross fame!
- Active Time Battle combat system
- Defeat your enemies in strategic fights powered by an ATB inspired by the best J-RPG, mixing real-time and turn-based gameplay.
- Evolving Weapons
- Unique weapon progression system based on item leveling and a special crystal enhancement skilltree with mutiple branches. Make crucial choices and get customized weapons for your style.
- A Fantasy Open World
- Begin your journey in the surprising lands of planet Heryon. From hidden caverns to grassy plains, from ancient cities to dark spaceships, explore freely a vast gaming playground.
- Choose Your Destiny in an Exciting Story
- Live a rich and stirring adventure driven by the choices you make along the branching storyline and many sub-quests.
I'm pretty exited, I absolutely adore his soundtracks and can't wait for another game with an amazing soundtrack from him! I think it's a bit ambitious for what they are, but I hope for the best! It's been a while since we've seen an ATB based game, and I hope they do well. Kinda nervous though, it's a french dev doing a JRPG, it has visual issues to work out, and the involvement of him is only a goal, which the may not reach... anyways, Check out the Kickstarter over on it's page.
Note: edited this after reading the KS page a bit more.