Hey everyone, AlmightyDuke here! Welcome to the Graveyard Shift, the nightly chat space on Talk Amongst Yourselves, Kotaku’s reader-run blog, where you can talk about all the nerd culture you want. Whether you’re a long time TAY member or a newbie trying to say hello, take some time to introduce yourself.
- New to TAY? Check out TayClassic and the TAYtorial.
- Gotta go fast with your small talk? Try Discord or the IRC.
- Stop by our sister site AniTAY for all of your anime needs.
- Holla at your favorite TAYter via the DirecTAYry or the Gaming ID Spreadsheet.
- Also, we have a Steam group and a PS4 community! GET IN THERE.
Tonight’s Topic: Convention Stuff
Another local convention is upon me, and again I take up arms with my designer friend to sell his wares in the artist alley-ish thing. I’ve been his helper the last few years and it’s a fun time. He calls me a robot because I usually don’t have to move...or eat...or drink for that matter. I’m just a poster selling machine.
That being said, I do love going to these conventions. Get to see all the work put into the costumes of the local cosplayers. I get to peruse a bunch of comics and figures. I get to talk with a bunch of people and possibly make some connections.
What conventions have you been to recently? What’s your favorite thing about said conventions ? All time favorite convention?
So talk amongst yourselves, The Graveyard Shift is open for business.
Tunes for the night: King of Fighters XIV tracks
Survivor Under The Sky - Team Ikari
Soy Sauce for Geese
Tiger & Dragon - Team Art of Fighting
KD-SR - Team K’