Hello everyone, and welcome to the The Graveyard Shift, which is hosted by Kotaku's reader-run blog, TAY. This is a place to talk about life, video games, or anything else you want, so feel free to hop in and join in the topic discussion, or anything else you want. Then, when you're done, feel free to dive into other articles on TAY and TAYCLASSIC. Is this your first time on TAY? Then check out this handy TAYtorial!
Humans are social creatures. Whether we like it or not, we live in groups, share cultures and customs, and are definitely bound to run into other people who share common tastes and interests. Now, it's not uncommon to run into fans of your favorite sports team, or anything like that. That'd be too uninteresting to talk about, right? No, I'm sorta focusing on the more . . . niche groups. You know, the type of fandom you don't really encounter too often in the real world. I mean, we're all geeks here, right? I'm sure there's been some time when you're going to The Home Depot and suddenly ran into someone with a Mass Effect shirt, or something like that. I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I always think it's kinda cool to encounter fellow community members outside of their natural habitat (AKA conventions and concerts). I mean, I like it when I'm just minding my own business, food shopping or whatever, and I see some dude walking with a Deicide or Gojira shirt. It's cool to meet fellow metalheads. They're all a bunch of cool and nice people with a great sense of humor ^^ So, what about you guys? Any memorable fandom encounters? Made new friends or met people like that? Oh, and TLoZ and FMA fans don't count, given how often I see Hylian crest and Flamel tattoos :P
- It's link sharing time! Yay! And I totally just redirected the main page of TAY onto this to make it all blue-colored, because my OCD wouldn't let me leave it otherwise.
- Be sure to check out our ConTAYct List! It's kinda buggy right now, though, so you may be a tad disappoint.
- Don't forget to update our TAYlendar! Fill it up with upcoming events you think might be cool for others to know!
- We're having our next TAY Movie Night this Thursday! And I prolly won't show up again because life is annoying and gets in the way . . . That, and I'm no good with chat sites :D
- Where does this link lead to now?? CLICK AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION