Hey everyone, AlmightyDuke here! Welcome to the Graveyard Shift, the nightly chat space on Talk Amongst Yourselves, Kotaku’s reader-run blog, where you can talk about all the nerd culture you want. Whether you’re a long time TAY member or a newbie trying to say hello, take some time to introduce yourself.
- New to TAY? Check out TayClassic and the TAYtorial.
- Gotta go fast with your small talk? Try Discord or the IRC.
- Stop by our sister site AniTAY for all of your anime needs.
- Holla at your favorite TAYter via the DirecTAYry or the Gaming ID Spreadsheet.
- Also, we have a Steam group and a PS4 community! GET IN THERE.
Tonight’s topic: Those Artsy Bits
I’ve recently taken up the hobby of pixel art. I think looking into all those SNK backgrounds got the juices flowing. So far I’ve created two things.
It’s an okay start, I’ve been trying to look up tutorials on the subject. Creating these takes time and patience, but practice makes perfect.
There’s a ton of ways to go too. Do I go the Mega Man style, or the more complex detailed way? We shall see.
Show me some of your favorite examples of pixel art? Have you had an interest in an art style you’d like to learn? Already an artist, then show us some of your work.
Got no sense of art style and decor? Then talk amongst yourselves, The Graveyard Shift is open for business.
Tunes for the night: 8/16-Bit Tracks
Mega Man 2 - Dr. Wily Stage
Final Fantasy IV - Battle Theme
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Stickerbush Symphony
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Chemical Plant Zone