Hello everyone, and welcome to the The Graveyard Shift, which is hosted by Kotaku's reader-run blog, TAY. This is a place to talk about life, video games, or anything else you want, so feel free to hop in and join in the topic discussion, or anything else you want. Then, when you're done, feel free to peruse the articles on TAY and TAYCLASSIC. Is this your first time on TAY or the Open Forum? Then check out this handy TAYtorial!
Hello people, Nach here! (sorry for my tardiness tonight... something something I blame Kinja and the internet gods!) Your lovely (and fashionably late) host bringing always something interesting to talk about during the Graveyard Shift, my last few entries has been about nostalgia and our favorite moments from the creations of Matt Groening, today I will return to those themes... in a different matter, and some other video game related topic... But First!
Keep an eye on these reads to avoid falling asleep while taking care of the graveyard:
- JonTron is back! and GBD is happy... I'm happy too... are you?
- It's the battle of The Professor in the Top Hat against The Cool Advocate!
- Astro regrets buying a drink in TAY Time Chat!
- And Bonny treats us with not one but two drawing posts! Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts! He's winning our hearts!
....And now let us return to our main feature for the night!
Our topics for the night are...
- Hidden gems in popular media!
Yesterday while browsing for news articles for TAY Time Chat I stumbled upon this little article on UK's newspaper The Guardian, it talks about how the writers of The Simpsons and Futurama hide formulas, and mathematical jokes on their episodes, well we all know about futurama and their theorems and alien languages, but I didn't know that The Simpsons also did that...
So my question is... what are your favorites hidden gems in popular media? Whether they are TV shows, Video Games, Movies, etc
- Credit/Ending Sequences in Video Games!
If there's something magnificent about a video game is how some of them tend to make the credit roll more entertaining than just a bunch of words...
Music, images, heck some even reunite all the characters into a huge party!
My favorites are from Ocarina of Time and Super Mario World, but I cannot leave out of this list the amazing parade from the Paper Mario Series!
Just listen to that beautiful music <3
What are your favorite ending game/credits sequence in Video Games?
So that's about it! pick a topic to talk about, or both of them, or maybe none and just talk about anything else cause this is the Graveyard Shift ^.^
= Header Image by Espernartman @ Deviantart =
Be sure to check all these interesting trinkets from our fellow TAYers:
- Our TAYlendar, updated with goodies and future events on a weekly basis!
- The conTAYct list, to get in touch with your fellow TAYers! (And I believe I wrote ConTAYct the way it's supposed to be!)
- Neryl is back! and TAY Game Night is in session tomorrow! And we'll be spendin' some time relaxing in Animal Crossing, come join us!
The Graveyard shift is not responsible for your sleepwalking habit nor is responsible for causing insomnia, if you can't sleep, it's better to go to your family doctor! We also won't be held responsible for your early morning procrastination!