Of course, take this with a big ol’ grain of salt.
These guys seemed to have gotten a bunch of screenshots and information for the next Dark Souls, but if you don’t want to watch it(I don’t blame you) here’s a recap of the info:
- 1-4 players - Contrary to what the video said, this is the same as in the other souls titles, save for Scholar of the First Sin.
- 12 unique areas (Supposedly roughly the same size as Dark Souls 1)
- 10 classes (No word on whether or not they’ll matter much)
- 45 new unique enemies and 15 new unique bosses (Although it was specified that returning enemies and bosses are not counted in this number, hinting that there might be returning characters from previous installments)
- Spell items? One screenshot shows what looks like Sunlight Blade in the slot where items normally are. Maybe it’s just a resin-like buff.
- 60 minutes of cutscenes, mostly in-engine
- Summoning is done through “sacrifice ceremonies” rather than soapstones - An image seemed to show the player character shoving a bonfire-like sword into a dead enemy. I assume the player can summon from this area, but it also seems like doing this might create a bonfire there. This also opens you up to invasions and possibly puts a sin/bounty on you.
- “Heat Up” system for boss fights - Currently no info on what this really is, but a screenshot showing a much larger and scarier boss in the same arena as another boss may indicate a sort of Demon’s Souls tendency system
- Sort Fighting Arts - Possibly stances? Rush-in and Circle are the two known. Rush-in is described as a rush toward the enemy in which you can take damage, but you deal a massive hit upon connecting. Seems like you’ll get an infinite poise bull-rush type attack. Circle is described as being able to assist you when you’re recovering from an attack. Possibly reduces or cancels recovery animations into a roll.
- More information will be revealed at E3.