Starting on Friday, August 21, you can participate in the Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby online tournament. Sign ups close August 20, 11:59 PM EST.
Need to sign up for Pokemon Global Link? Go here.
To sign up for the Pikachu Cup, log on to your account from the Pokemon Global Link homepage and then click “Online Competitions” from the main menu. You’ll also need to read and accept the regulations on the Pokémon Global Link before the battle period begins.
Also, to participate, you will need to register your copy of Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby with your Pokemon Global Link Account. To do this, you’ll need to create your Game Sync ID. Go to the PSS in game and select Game Sync. It should be pretty obvious from there. Then, you can go to battle spot to register your the team that’s in your battle box. It sounds like a lot just to participate in the tournament, but all of this doesn’t really take that long.
Once you are signed up,
From Pokemon Global Link:
Play shocking battles in the Pikachu Cup, an Online Competition where only Electric-type Pokémon are allowed, including Pokémon brought over from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 via Poké Transporter. If Pikachu is among the top three most-used Pokémon in the tournament, all qualified participants will receive a Special Pikachu! If Pikachu finishes 4th through 12th in the usage rankings, everyone will receive a Light Ball. If Pikachu is not in the top 12, all Trainers will receive 1,000 Poké Miles. Good luck in the exciting Pikachu Cup!
If Pikachu is among the top three most-used Pokémon* in the Pikachu Cup Online Competition, all qualified participants will receive a special Pikachu with the following attributes:
Moves: Fake Out, Encore, Volt Tackle, Endeavor
Ability: Lightning Rod
Held Item: Light Ball
Friday, August 21, 2015, at 00:00 EST through Sunday, August 23, 2015, at 11:59 PM EST
50,000 (limit subject to change; first come, first served)
Qualified participants will receive a gift determined by Pikachu’s place in the final Pokémon Ranking for the competition (see below). Please note that Pikachu and each differently costumed Cosplay Pikachu are tallied separately for ranking purposes. To receive the gift, competitors must complete at least three battles and earn a place in the rankings.
Pikachu Ranking Participation Gift
1st through 3rd Special Pikachu
4th through 12th Light Ball
13th or beyond 1,000 Poké Miles
Junior Division: Born 2000 or later
Masters Division: Born 1999 or earlier
Junior Division players are limited to playing between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m., based on the eastern-most time zone in each player’s country.
Ranking Results Announcement:
Early September (announcement time subject to change)
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
• This competition uses Double Battle format.
• Players may use any Pokémon from the National Pokédex with the Electric type, excluding Zapdos, Raikou, Arceus, Thundurus, and Zekrom.
• Pokémon brought over from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 via Poké Transporter may participate in this competition.
• Register 4–6 of your Lv. 1–100 Pokémon to your Battle Box.
• All Pokémon above Lv. 50 in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• Only four of the Pokémon you register to your Battle Box can be used during each match.
• A 15-minute time limit for each match will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. If the outcome has not been determined when the time limit expires, the game will automatically apply tiebreakers to determine a winner.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have 60 seconds to select four Pokémon with which to battle.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 30 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made his or her selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 15 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 EST.
• For additional details, please come back to check the competition’s regulations page when registration opens.
• A Pokémon Trainer Club membership
• A wireless Internet connection
• A Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire game with a Game Sync ID registered in the Pokémon Global Link (PGL)
• The birth date you have registered in your Pokémon Trainer Club account will determine the age division in which you play. If it’s discovered during the competition that your birth-date information is incorrect, you may be disqualified from the competition and future competitions.
I’m only participating so that I have a chance at getting the special Pikachu for participating. I only found out about this yesterday, so I didn’t have time to prepare a team. I don’t have very many electric Pokemon. I would have liked to use Jolteon and Electivire (teach it psychic and earthquake), but I just don’t have the time to make that happen. I don’t even have an Elekid yet and the correct version of Mirage Mountain hasn’t shown up in my game. Oh well, guess I have to just use Voltorb or something.