A dedicated group of fans decided to uncensored Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE instead of putting up with altered western version. By using a homebrew WiiU, you can now apply the patch to restore the game to the same as the Japanese release .
SPOILERS IN CHANGELOG
YOU’VE BEEN WARNED
The patch includes the following changes (WIP, more changes to come):
## List of Dialogue Changes ###
## Common ##
- Age Changes
Itsuki 18 -> 17
Tsubasa 18 -> 17
Touma 18 -> 17
Ellie 17 -> 16
Yashiro 19 -> 18
- Item Names/Descriptions
Nan-no Special -> Young Rabbits Special
Nan-no -> Young Rabbits
Tiki@Street -> Tiki@Gravure
A lot of the advertisements on Posters or on TV contain text mentioning the gravure magazine Young Rabbits featuring Ellie, Tsubasa and Maiko
## Movie ##
- In the intro movie, a newspaper article was changed to correct Tsubasa’s age from 13 to 12.
## Events ##
| Chapter 2 |
- Itsuki reads a magazine about gravure models (2 lines redone)
- Tsubasa’s next work is for a gravure magazine (7 lines redone)
The lines include Tsubasa being to shy to tell Itsuki what her new job is and Maiko explaining that it’s a swimsuit shoot.
- Follow up conversation (2 player choice altered, almost entirely rewritten) Tsubasa says a swimsuit is too embarrasing and Itsuki has two dialogue options
“Then, how about I tag along?”
“You’d look great in any swimsuit.”
Tsubasa refuses Itsuki’s offer to tag along, but Maiko lies to her and tells her that Kiria will be participating too, which makes Tsubasa fantasize about standing on a stage together with Kiria and gets her lost in thought.
- Tsubasa leaves, Maiko reveals her lies and Touma wants to drag Itsuki to the photo shooting (player choices were cut, total rewrite) Tsubasa leaves and Maiko reveals that she lied and Kiria’s shooting was just for her new song and in a Jacket not in a bikini. Touma enters the room and asks what’s going on, when he hears about the gravure shooting he wants to go and watch. He wants to drag Itsuki along, who has two dialogue option
“Have a safe trip.”
“Won’t we just be a nuisance?”
In both cases Touma accuses Itsuki of not being a true man and Itsuki accuses Touma of not going there to cheer on Tsubasa but because he only wants to see models in swimsuits. Maiko then talks about her past as a gravure model and about how the same photographer she worked with is now doing the shooting. Itsuki and Touma remember the article about missing gravure models.
- Talk with Mr. Hatanaka in the office 1 (10 lines redone) Touma mentions that he was not able to get in to watch the gravure shoot, but says that it was cancelled and that he saw Tsubasa among the other girls.
- Talk with Tsubasa after the shoot (player choices were cut, slight rewrite) Tsubasa says how she made the photographer mad and it was all her fault that the shooting was cancelled, and how she caused trouble to the other models as well because of that. Itsuki has two dialogue options
“So that’s how it went...”
“Everyone makes mistakes”
Both lead to Tsubasa saying she will give it her all next time, then Itsuki tells her to be careful around the photographer and that mirages might be involved
- Itsuki refers to gravure models in the idolasphere (1 line redone)
- First confrontation with the photographer in the idolasphere, he talks about gravure modeling (4 lines redone)
- After Yashiro’s performance, he tells Tsubasa to work harder on captivating the audience (3 line redone)
- Talk with Mr. Hatanaka in the office 2 (5 lines redone) He says how Maiko’s photobook enthralled the man of Japan even though it wasn’t a nude photobook and that Maiko and Horinozawa have been a great duo and created “My Complex” together.
- The cast finds “My Complex” (player choices were cut, total rewrite) Touma is drooling over the artbook and getting a nosebleed. Tsubasa has a look at the photo book as well. Itsuki has two dialogue options
“Are you getting any inspiration?”
“I’m sure you can do it, Tsubasa.”
In the meantime, Touma has become totally absorbed in the magazine and when they try to get him away from it he says that he couldn’t help it and no guy could resist this, saying that Maiko looks like she’s lowering her guard in the pictures. Tsubasa says no wonder Horinozawa got angry at her because she was just so embarrassed and wanted to get over with the shoot fast, just following instructions. She finds new resolve to not run away from the camera anymore. She then asks Itsuki to help come up with the poses. Itsuki tells her to do it sexier and more soulful.
- Tsubasa still thinks it’s embarrasing but she has to do it (1 line redone)
- Encounter with Horinozawa, before the boss battle (11 lines redone)
Horinozawa comments on the swimsuit and how it fits Tsubasa perfectly with her newfound attitude. Touma is a bit of a perv and can’t unfix his gaze.
- After the boss battle, mentions of gravure modeling (2 lines redone)
- During the modeling session with Ellie, Maiko and Tsubasa (1 player choice altered, along with the lines involving it) Tsubasa asks Itsuki how the shooting was, he has one dialogue option
“Could have used a little more skin.”
When saying this Tsubasa says they couldn’t use her pictures for the magazine if she did that and that it would be a serious problem if she showed more skin Itsuki says Maiko and Horinozawa seem to be pleased so it must’ve been okay.
- Itsuki is introduced to Ellie and mentions the gravure shoot (1 line redone)
| Chapter 3 |
- The gravure magazine is referenced (5 lines redone) Ellie tells Tsubasa that the magazine they were in is sold out completely and says it’s no wonder because she posed there herself in a bikini.
| Chapter 4 |
- Tsubasa gets a new job as “Sneeze Detective Maho” (1 player choice altered, 2 lines redone) Itsuki has the dialogue option
“Maybe that gravure modeling helped”
| Chapter 5 |
- Muse Fes started and Itsuki goes to check on Tsubasa (1 player choice altered, 10 lines redone) Itsuki has the dialogue option
“You’re not in a swimsuit?”
Tsubasa responds by asking Itsuki if he asks because he liked it but he says he just figured she’d have to wear it again. Tsubasa says she’s on break right now so she can relax and walk around normally.
| Chapter 6 |
- Maiko announces her retirement and continuation of her gravure modeling career (3 lines redone)
| Side Stories |
- Some of the side stories had dialogue changes, like Tsubasa mentioning her age in some occasions. Luckily the original files also included the correct translations so nothing had to be changed here. It might have been leftovers from before they started to change things.
Unfortunately, the group has no way of adding the Hot Spring DLC to the game.
If you’re up for adding the patch, feel free to check it out here. Keep in mind, the patch is still a work in progress.