Pokemon can be fucking scary, and not just in a baffling Jewish stereotype kind of way.
Here are some dex entries for Yanmega:
- By churning its wings, it creates shock waves that inflict critical internal injuries on foes.
- Its jaw power is incredible. It is adept at biting apart foes while flying by at high speed.
- This six-legged Pokémon is easily capable of transporting an adult in flight. The wings on its tail help it stay balanced.
- The beat of its wings is so powerful that it accidentally dislodges full-grown trees when it takes off in flight.
- It prefers to battle by biting apart foes' heads instantly while flying by at high speed.
So basically, Yanmega will fuck up your life.
Oh, but something else the dex mentions? It's six foot, three inches tall. Now, Pokemon height descriptions are usually hard to figure out (does it mean foot to head or head to tail?), but let's assume it's head to tail. This is a bug that will eat your face. And it's as big as a hockey player.
Did I mention it will eat your face?
I was trying to cobble together a team of Pokemons I've never tried to play through a game with before, and Yanmega kept catching my attention. It's BL2 in Smogon usage stats (meaning it's used less than UU-tier Pokemons - 3.41% usage - but too good for the tiers beneath UU), so it's not exactly the best Pokemon competitively (4X weakness to rocks will do that), but it's still solid enough that it's viable in the OU metagame.
Then of course I came upon its dex entry. I get to control a giant bug that - let me re-emphasize - will speed by your head and take a piece of it to go.
And for those curious, the rest of the Omega Ruby team will be Swampert, Mega-Gallade, Magnezone, Weavile and Tuxedo Ma- err, male Roserade.
Know any other terrifying Pokemon that, based on their dex entries, seem like a terror beast? Let me know in the comments.