Who of all of you thought yesterday's result would happen, no one? Yeah me neither... well after their second goal I predicted it would end in a goalfest, cause Brazil's defence was abysmal!
So yeah, Brazil was an eleven men disaster, and Germany picked them apart without breaking a sweat. In 90 minutes more than 5 World Cup records were broken... amongst them:
- 7 -1 Heaviest defeat a team has sustained in the tournament's history
- 69 Seconds between two goals scored by the same player (Toni Kroos)
- 179 Seconds between Germany's second and Fourth goals.
- 0 shots on target by Brazil in the first half.
- 223 Goals scored by Germany, the highest amount of goals scored by a national team. The previous holders were Brazil with 221 World Cup Goals.
And last but not least...
- 16 World Cup Goals scored by aging striker, Miroslav Klose of Germany.
So... judging by yesterday's result what can we expect from today's match between the Albiceleste and the Orjange of Louis van Gaal?
Today's Semi-Final Match:
- 4:00 PM EST: Netherlands vs Argentina @ Arena Corinthians, São Paulo.
I'll let Nat Coombs from British newspaper The Guardian tell you about the 10 thins to watch on today's tussle (I mean after all... he has a team of journalists and writers supplying his column with news and analysis).
Netherlands 3 - 1 Argentina
The Dutch should feel encouraged by the fact that Argentina lost their energetic winger, Angel di Maria. Now both teams have huge dependency on their star players, which may not be ideal but that's how these teams were built. Arjen Robben gives pace, attacking prowess and even knows how to defend to the Oranje. Lio Messi on the other hand has shown just small stints of footballing genius, but against the Dutch he's going to need to display more than one minute of great football.
To make things a bit more interesting... a point will be awarded to those who get the results right and two extra points for each correct scoreline. Feeling lucky? Then make a bold prediction and win an extra point for each one you get right, like The Pope plays for Argentina and recreates the Hand of God or Robben getting a score of 10/10 for his diving antics.
So TAY what are your predictions for today's matches?
I took the liberty to create a spreadsheet to make it easier to keep track of our records... anyway, if you want to access it, just click here.